Gas Detection Australia Warranty Policy
Updated October 2021
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. To the extent permitted by law, where the Purchasers acquire a product as a ‘consumer’ within the meaning of the Australia Consumer Law, but where the product or is of a type that is not of a kind ordinary acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, Gas Detection Australia’s liability is limited to:
(a) The cost of replacing the goods or
(b) The cost of obtaining equivalent goods or
(c) The cost of having the goods repaired which-ever is the lowest amount.
Where the Purchaser has a remedy against Gas Detection Australia under Part 5-4 of the Australian Consumer Law, Gas Detection Australia’s liability will be determined in accordance with Part 5-4 of the Australian Consumer Law. In all other cases the following provisions apply:
(a) Gas Detection Australia warrants its products will be free from defects in workmanship and materials, will perform consistently and will conform to applicable specifications published Gas Detection Australia or otherwise agreed to between the Purchaser and Gas Detection Australia for a period of no less than 12 months from date of manufacture. Some products may have longer periods of warranty cover, please refer to our web site for details www.gasdetectionaustralia.com.au
(b) Any Gas Detection Australia product found to be defective within the Warranty period shall be repaired or replaced by Gas Detection Australia at Gas Detection Australia’s sole discretion. No allegedly defective products shall be returned to Gas Detection Australia however, without Gas Detection Australia prior written authorisation and delivery instruction. All consumables such as sensor heads are excluded from warranty.
(c) Gas Detection Australia makes no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to the products acquired by the Purchaser except as set forth in this warranty. Gas Detection Australia shall not be liable for any Purchase’s incidental expenses (including costs of inspection, testing, storage or transportation), any other charges, costs, or expenses, or consequential damages incurred by Purchaser or by any third party (including lost profits, liability to third parties’ requirements) regardless of whether Gas Detection Australia is shown to be at fault and regardless of whether there is shown to have been a defect in materials or workmanship, negligence in manufacture or design, or failure to warn.
(d) In the event that Gas Detection Australia is liable in any way Gas Detection Australia liability shall not exceed the amounts paid by the Purchaser for the products.
(e) Gas Detection Australia has the right to inspect any product returned under warranty to confirm that the product contains a defect in material or workmanship.
If Gas Detection Australia determines that the products is covered by warranty, Gas Detection Australia shall have sole right to choose whether to repair or replace the defective equipment, parts or components.
The warranty does not apply to products damaged as an act of god including lightning, normal wear and tear, normal maintenance services and parts used in connection with such services, installation and operation outside of installation, operational and maintenance literature, design limitations, or any other matters beyond the control of Gas Detection Australia.
This warranty will immediately void if any of the following conditions are found:
- Product is used for any purpose other than those for which it was designed and manufactured.
- Product was not installed in accordance with any applicable codes, ordinances and industry best practice and/or installation operation and maintenance manuals, instructions or training provided by Gas Detection Australia.
- Product was damaged as a result of negligence, abuse, accident, misapplication, tampering, alteration, improper installation, operation, maintenance or storage, unauthorised dismantling, nor to an operation in excess of recommended maximum operational settings or performance limitations as set forth in the product installation, operation and maintenance manuals.
- The product was not installed by a qualified electrician or a qualified gas detector installer within Gas Detection Australia’s guidelines within the appropriate manual.
All other liability of Gas Detection Australia whether arising from negligence or otherwise, is expressly excluded.
For the avoidance of doubt, if after inspection of any product returned to it, Gas Detection Australia form the view that neither Part 5-4 of the Australian Consumer Law applies and is not covered by warranty, but nevertheless decides to offer a commercial or concessional replacement, this is not to be construed as an admission of liability and Gas Detection Australia shall not under any circumstances be liable for any removal, reinstall costs or third party costs associated with our offer.
This warranty is offered by:
Gas Detection Australia Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 597
Toowoomba, Qld. 4350
Tel: + 61 (0) 7 46135111
To claim under this consumer warranty:
Please submit in writing, by email,
- Your contact details: phone (fixed or mobile), email address if applicable
- The location of the product and installation.
- Product application, brief explanation of your use.
- Product model
- Product serial number
- Date of purchase
- Purchased from – Dealer information
- Copy of your Tax Invoice for the goods
- Date of installation or date of commissioning
- Installed by – Installer’s name and phone (fixed or mobile) number or email address
- Servicing agent information & Dates for Service & Calibration
- Date of failure
- Brief explanation of what you have done to get the product working again: contacted selling dealer or installer?
- Any other information that you feel is relevant to your installation or the product failure.
Further Product and Service support is available from our main web site at: